Subject: Re: simple example for amd?
To: Thorsten Frueauf <s_frueau@ira.uka.de>
From: Thomas Graichen <graichen@omega.physik.fu-berlin.de>
List: current-users
Date: 01/06/1996 09:44:17
hasn't Thorsten Frueauf said ? ...
> > One word of warning, however.  In NetBSD 1.0, I couldn't get direct
> > mount points to work for some reason.  I don't know if this has been
> > fixed or not.
> >
> > If not, make /usr/local a real symbolic link into an automount
> > filesystem.
>
> I have the same "problem" like above, I want to mount direct with amd
> on /usr/src - but with NetBSD 1.1 on HP300 port it did not work.
> Haven't tried it on my Amiga NetBSD current machine (cause it is the
> server in this case) - but I doubt that the problem is fixed in current
> yet.
> /usr/src gets 777 protected, and if you make `cd /usr/src ; ls` you
> get a stale nfs handle :( Dunno what the problem is, but I was only
> able to do the otomount with the link trick, which is not very nice.
>
> So is there anyone that was able to mount -type:=direct with amd?

i had the same problem with FreeBSD - if you like i have some patches
against FreeBSD (2.0.5 and/or 2.1.0) which allows to use the
"-type:=direct" mounts - i think it should be bossible to fold them
into NetBSD without any bigger problems (it's not much)

                                                   __||
  Perfection is reached, not when there is no  __||     thomas graichen
  longer anything to add, but when there   __||    freie universitaet berlin
  is no longer anything to take away   __||           fachbereich physik
                                   __||
  - Antoine de Saint-Exupery - __||        graichen@mail.physik.fu-berlin.de