Subject: Re: panic: dup alloc
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Christoph Badura <bad@flatlin.ka.sub.org>
List: current-users
Date: 01/05/1996 15:07:00
John F. Woods wrote:
>What was
>interesting, though, is that after being told that one must run fsck -c3
>on filesystems when you adjust maxcontig (the tunefs manual page should
>mention this, as well as the fact that this will ALSO change your filesystem
>type if you tunefs an ancient filesytem!),

Also, the 1.1 fsck(8) man page says after discussing the various -c
levels:

       "The format of a ilesystem can be determined from the first
        line of output from dumpfs(8)."

When, in fact, you can't tell that from the first line.

You can divine levels 0 to 2 from the second line.  But you have to
look at the contigsumsize field to detect level 3 format.

IMHO dumpfs should be fixed to print the level in the first line as
the fsck man page says.

--
Christoph Badura	bad@flatlin.ka.sub.org

You don't need to quote my .signature.  Everyone has seen it by now.
Besides, it doesn't add anything to the current thread.