Subject: Re: panic: dup alloc
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Christoph Badura <>
List: current-users
Date: 01/05/1996 15:07:00
John F. Woods wrote:
>What was
>interesting, though, is that after being told that one must run fsck -c3
>on filesystems when you adjust maxcontig (the tunefs manual page should
>mention this, as well as the fact that this will ALSO change your filesystem
>type if you tunefs an ancient filesytem!),

Also, the 1.1 fsck(8) man page says after discussing the various -c

       "The format of a ilesystem can be determined from the first
        line of output from dumpfs(8)."

When, in fact, you can't tell that from the first line.

You can divine levels 0 to 2 from the second line.  But you have to
look at the contigsumsize field to detect level 3 format.

IMHO dumpfs should be fixed to print the level in the first line as
the fsck man page says.

Christoph Badura

You don't need to quote my .signature.  Everyone has seen it by now.
Besides, it doesn't add anything to the current thread.