Subject: Re: xarchie on mac68k
To: None <barthetc@ibs.uscs.com>
From: Brad Salai <bsalai@servtech.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/05/1996 10:03:59
I built xarchie without libgen.a and so far it seems to work fine on
NetBSD/mac68k.  I can't recall having to do anything extraordinary, which
is no doubt accurate, since I am not capable of extraordinary builds :)

Brad

>> I tried to build this but it can't find libgen.a. I found that it does
>> not exist. I remember vaguely a reference to a library I could fetch
>> and build. Does this sound familiar to anyone. Thanks.
>
>libgen.a is svr4 library of almost useless functions.  You won't find it
>on NetBSD.
>
>Try building xarchie without it.  If it fails, you'll find out what
>functions it expects from libgen.a.
>
>My blind guess (not ever seeing the xarchie code) is that it might be
>functions for one of the older regular expression APIs.  If this is
>the case, this can be fixed by re-writing the code to use the POSIX
>regex functions we have in the NetBSD C library.  In fact, I'd be
>surprised if the code didn't have #ifdef's for the various different
>regular expression APIs.
>
>On the other hand, I could be completely wrong...
>
>        --jtc

Stephen B. "Brad" Salai                       bsalai@cyber1.servtech.com
Cumpston & Shaw                               Office (716) 325-5553
Two State Street                              Fax    (716) 262-3906

Rochester, NY 14614                           Home   (716) 377-4624