Subject: Re: xntpd
To: Herb Peyerl <>
From: Hubert Feyrer <>
List: current-users
Date: 01/03/1996 05:19:53
Didn't see that one in my previous mail:

> I don't see what's wrong with the existing package installer... Granted,

pkg_tools? I do!

Think of the poor guy putting a package together: he types 'make install', and
gets files spilled all over his file-system if he uses the usual
"default"-setup. Now pkg_tools demands a list of files to include in the
package... how should he know? Not easy, and the main reason I didn't use

And for those mentioning unionfs now: At least the amiga-port of NetBSD V1.1
seems to have a broken unionfs, i did *not* get it to work. (heck, there wasn't
even an 'option UNIONFS' or what it's called in the GENERIC-file!).

Just my $0.02 worth,

      Weekdays: Rennerstr. 19, D-93053 Regensburg, Tel. 0941/943-2905
      Weekends: Bachstr. 40,   D-84066 Mallersdorf, Tel. 08772/6084
      Internet:, IRC: hubertf