Subject: Re: xntpd (really: packages)
To: None <>
From: Mark W. Eichin <>
List: current-users
Date: 01/02/1996 23:48:24
> Could someone present a how to about packages?

I'd also find this interesting (I didn't realize that there actually
was a package tool for NetBSD...)

One way of providing such documentation (aside from good writing) is
to provide a worked example. The Debian Linux release (
includes a "package" of GNU Hello 1.3; it's quite neat, because it
presents everything you need to do in a "standard" case while not
getting trapped in picky details of a particular program. Although a
GPL'ed example might not be best for NetBSD, a similar small example
might be appropriate (and a chance to give an example of coding
standards at the same time :-)

			_Mark_ <>
			The Herd of Kittens