Subject: Re: xntpd
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 01/02/1996 14:04:17
> Now, as to why no one is contributing packages?  I don't know.  I
> have some suspicions though:

> a) BETSI certificates, while probably a good idea, provided that
>    little bit of extra non-incentive because [...]

Personally, anything requiring a BETSI certificate is completely out of
the question.  BETSI simply won't issue me a certificate, because I'm
outside of the USA - or at least that was their policy when I first
looked into them; I haven't bothered checking since.  (I also refuse to
jump through their hoops, believing them (a) excessive and (b)
insufficient anyway, but that's moot given the other one.)  If only
packages with BETSI certificates are acceptable, you've just cut most
of the world out (no, the USA is not the whole world), an attitude
which would disincline _me_ to contribute even if you were willing to
make a special exception for me or something.

(Of course, "you" in the above should be read as referring to anyone
who's collecting packages and requiring BETSI certificates.)

					der Mouse

			    mouse@collatz.mcrcim.mcgill.edu