Subject: Re: Adaptec 2940 Driver
To: Markus Illenseer <>
From: Neil J. McRae <>
List: current-users
Date: 01/01/1996 21:56:53
> Neil J. McRae wrote:
> > #define PCI_DEVICE_ID_ADAPTEC_2940      0x71789004ul
> >
> > to become
> >
> > #define PCI_DEVICE_ID_ADAPTEC_2940      0x81789004ul
>  I have a bad feeling about this.  Currently there are 4 different (!)
> Adaptec 2940 PCI Adaptors on the market.  With 4 different Firmware (some
> have SCAM-features, others dont), at least 3 different IDs and 4 different
> PCBs (newer ones have automatic termination).
>  All I can suggest is to add the IDs, but not replace them.  This of course
> would require to change the sources in a more complicated way.
Yes, This is what I was getting at, When I posted I was merely asking for
information if anyone else had done this and if it had any sideeffects,
which it hasn't on the systems that we used.

Neil J. McRae.                                            Demon Internet
 NetBSD: Free the daemon in your <a href="http://www.NetBSD.ORG/">computer!</a>