Subject: Re: gcc 2.7.2 in NetBSD-current
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Gary D. Duzan <gary@wheel.tiac.net>
List: current-users
Date: 12/30/1995 20:53:02
In Message <199512302105.NAA09625@lestat.nas.nasa.gov> ,
   Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov> wrote:

=>On Sat, 30 Dec 95 12:18:49 CST
=> bruce@zuhause.mn.org (Bruce Albrecht) wrote:
=>
=> > What's the status of this and the updated libg++ (2.7.1)?  I'd like to
=> > build hylafax, which requires a newer version of gcc than 2.4.x, and I
=> > was wondering if it would be enough to upgrade to NetBSD-current, or
=> > if I should just build gcc/libg++ as a separate product.
=>
=>Chris Hopps checked in changes to groff and libg++ to make them compile
=>with 2.7.2 until they get updated in our tree.  If you're using an i386,
=>you should be ok...

   I have used a plain vanilla libg++-2.7.1 with gcc-2.7.1 for a
few months now without seeing any serious problems, except that it
is only a static library. And just for fun I've been working a bit
towards getting libg++-2.7.1 to compile with BSD Makefiles so that
it will compile shared and possibly be included in the tree at some
point, if core so desires.

                                      Gary D. Duzan
                         Humble Practitioner of the Computer Arts