Subject: Re: documentation (was: Re: startup files (was Re: Updating /etc... ))
To: Hubert Feyrer <Hubert.Feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>
From: None <Chris_G_Demetriou@NIAGARA.NECTAR.CS.CMU.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 12/29/1995 17:38:30
> > I disagree.  As long as what is put out there is documented well
> > enough that a man page could explain it, there's no reason to worry
> > about being different.
>
> Speaking of documentation: There seems to be a man-page for a adduser-script,
> but no adduser-script ... perhaps the only case where a feature is only
> documented but not (yet?) implemented in NetBSD. ;-)

No, there is no documentation for an "adduser-script" either.

adduser(8) says specifically what it's documenting: the _procedure_
for adding new users.

I'm not arguing that there shouldn't be an adduser script of some
type (nor am i suggesting that there should be one) -- I'm just
pointing out that what you thought you read wasn't really what was in
the man page.  8-)

chris