Subject: Re: Adaptec 2940 Driver
To: Neil J. McRae <neil@demon.net>
From: Markus Illenseer <markus@tiger.teuto.de>
List: current-users
Date: 12/29/1995 11:03:46
Neil J. McRae wrote:
> #define PCI_DEVICE_ID_ADAPTEC_2940      0x71789004ul
>
> to become
>
> #define PCI_DEVICE_ID_ADAPTEC_2940      0x81789004ul

 I have a bad feeling about this.  Currently there are 4 different (!)
Adaptec 2940 PCI Adaptors on the market.  With 4 different Firmware (some
have SCAM-features, others dont), at least 3 different IDs and 4 different
PCBs (newer ones have automatic termination).

 All I can suggest is to add the IDs, but not replace them.  This of course
would require to change the sources in a more complicated way.

--
Markus Illenseer