Subject: Re: DMA beyond end of isa
To: David Mazieres <dm@amsterdam.lcs.mit.edu>
From: Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
List: current-users
Date: 12/28/1995 17:40:36
>Are you saying its a bad thing that I'm finally able to run a
>NetBSD-like operating system on my own hardware?  Are you saddened by
>the fact that life is made better for other people?  The patch on
>which OpenBSD bounce buffers are based was submitted to NetBSD on
>September 19th.  The approach was not clean and machine-independent
>enough for NetBSD.

No, it's good that you can run a NetBSD-like operating system on your i386
machine.

What's sad is that you aren't able to run NetBSD on the same i386!

What saddens me is the loss of good talent from NetBSD, and the further
fragmentation of *BSD at a time when we don't need it.  But this is all
water under the bridge at this point.

--Ken