Subject: Re: Config uucp?
To: David Gilbert <dgilbert@pci.on.ca>
From: John F. Woods <jfw@jfwhome.funhouse.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/28/1995 09:06:03
>	/etc/uucp is odd, but I'll try it.  I suppose it makes sense.

I have a symbolic link named /etc/uucp which points to /usr/local/conf/uucp;
I'm a big fan of read-almost-entirely root partitions...

>	As far as I know, the uucp included is Taylor... if for no
> other reason than 'uucp --version' responds as expected.

"Use the Source, Luke!"

/usr/src/gnu/libexec/uucp/README:
    This is the README file for version 1.06 of the Taylor UUCP package.

    It was written by Ian Lance Taylor.  I can be reached at ian@airs.com,
    or, equivalently, uunet!cygint!airs!ian, or c/o Cygnus Support,
    48 Grove Street, Somerville, MA 02144, USA.

    blah blah blah...

I would definitely like to add to the suggestion that the documentation
be added to the netbsd tree.  There's an empty directory in
/usr/share/smm/15.uucpnet just CRYING OUT for a copy of the nroff'd version
of the Taylor UUCP manual; the Taylor UUCP manual is even well written.