Subject: i386 ifconfig/netstart
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Derrick Hutchinson <derrick1@tribeca.ios.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/26/1995 13:58:44
I just installed NetBSD-1.1 on an Intel Express with a 3C579.  I am
having an odd problem with netstart configuring ep0 as my network
interface upon normal boot-up.  When it comes up I get the following error:

ifconfig: link0: bad value

My hostname.ep0 file has the following entry in it:

inet dh_intel 0xffffff00 link0 link1

The odd part about this is that if I manually issue:

ifconfig ep0 dh_intel link0 link1

the interface comes up correctly...  Is netstart having difficulty
parsing my hostname.ep0 file?  I tried deleting the line in it and
retyping it just in case there might have been a hidden character in the
text somewhere, but that didn't work either.