Subject: Re: got my mail to my machine at home using popclient and then?
To: None <chammer@phyd2hammer.uni-bielefeld.de>
From: Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/22/1995 11:58:25
>From: Carsten Hammer <chammer@phyd2hammer.uni-bielefeld.de>
>Date: Thu, 22 Dec 105 11:22:32 +0000 (GMT)

>still dont know how to buffer outgoing mails for later sending (later
>means at the time a ppp connect is there).
>Mail that i try to send when offline immediatly goes to /var/spool/mqueue
>with a nameserver timeout error. It doesnt even bounce .. just vanishes.

Vanishes?  It's still in /var/spool/mqueue, isn't it?  Run 'mailq',
and you should be able to see it.

Add the line below to /etc/ppp/ip-up (create it if it doesn't already
exist; see pppd(8) for details):

sendmail -q

...then any pending mail will be sent when you bring up your PPP
connection.

>Or is popclient only useful to get copies of my mail to my machine at
>home? cant believe that..

POP is a receive-only protocol.
--
Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>           http://www.shore.net/~mikel