Subject: Re: Updating /etc...
To: Niklas Hallqvist <niklas@appli.se>
From: Tobias Weingartner <weingart@austin.BrandonU.CA>
List: current-users
Date: 12/21/1995 16:50:19
On Thursday, December 21, Niklas Hallqvist wrote:

> And please... I AM NOT *NUTS*, please try to keep the flames a bit
> softer.  Personal attacks are not the way to make one's point.
> Especially when there is a risk of not having grasped the issue at
> hand.  I think the old netiquette document I was confronted with 10
> years ago said something like: "if you just *have* to flame someone,
> please wait another day, and read the thread again, before going
> further".

Ooops.  Sorry, didn't mean it to be a flame.  I just wanted to voice
my *little* (admittedly very small ;-) ) opinion that subdirectories
within /sbin (or other binary directories) are a Bad Thing (TM).

> PS in what way does OSF/1 keep this config info in /sbin/init.d?  I
>    thought it was in /etc/rc.conf?  If it is in /sbin, I agree with you
>    on that point.

A quick check leads me to believe that all the rc?.d directories are
under /sbin on the OSF/1 box we have here.  As someone pointed out,
there is configuration info of sorts in the name /sbin/rc3.d/S??sendmail
of sorts...

--Toby.