Subject: Re: Updating /etc...
To: None <leonard@dstc.edu.au>
From: Jesus M. Gonzalez <jgb@gsyc.inf.uc3m.es>
List: current-users
Date: 12/21/1995 10:55:30
>so, how about a simple file containing the order that the scripts have to
>be run... i know that it means that when you add a new one in (or delete
>a init.d script) that you'll have to edit this file too, but it would be handy
>to be able to comment it... eg:
>
>  #
>  # rc.conf
>  #
>
>  # Start cron first because i like it like that
>  cron
>
>  # need nfs because BarFoo(tm) breaks without it
>  nfs
>
>  # BarFoo(tm) must be started after cron otherwise /dev disappears
>  foo

	I like this approach. Later, a tool can be done to automate
the making of this file from a dependency list, or from info about
dependencies in packages, or something. But you dont's have to
wait for that tool to be made. And avoids the links thing.

		Jesus.

--
Jesus M. Gonzalez Barahona         | addr.:  c/ Butarque, 15
Grupo de Sistemas y Comunicaciones |         28911 Leganes, Spain