Subject: Re: C Language Standard(s)
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@solon.com>
From: Ted Lemon <mellon@fugue.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/20/1995 23:17:40
> I mostly object to introducing a new type, not otherwise available in C, when
> there are enough existing types to go around.

No offense, Peter, but get over it.   The long long type has been
around for on the order of five years now.   It's not likely to go
away.   You and several other people are right that casts of pointers
to integers are evil, but historically they've also been more
portable.   As a consequence, a lot of very useful code out there
depends on them.   If we break them, nobody will come.

			       _MelloN_