Subject: Re: section 9 man pages
To: None <perry@piermont.com>
From: Matt Ragan <matt@ibmoto.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/20/1995 08:57:52
Perry E. Metzger wrote:

>Jason Thorpe writes:
>> Well, then you might consider a shorter name.  I'm not sure how we can
>> really avoid the long manpage names if that's really the name of the
>> function :-)
>
>Sigh. I've committed the change -- the name is now "NetBSD Kernel Manual",
>though that isn't what I would have liked. (The votes were going for
>"Kernel Internals Manual" followed by "Kernel Reference Manual".)
>
>Perry

Could we just drop the ' Manual' part to shorten it?  It would seem fairly
obvious that the output of 'man', or even the printed pages if you're
into that kind of thing, was a manual, and this would shorten it by a third.

Matt Ragan  (matt@ibmoto.com)  Motorola/IBM Somerset PowerPC Design Center
Network Administrator          Systems/Network Engineering  (512) 795-7298
9737 Great Hills Trail         Austin, Tx  78759        FAX (512) 795-7519