Subject: Re: section 9 man pages
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: matthew green <mrg@mame.mu.OZ.AU>
List: current-users
Date: 12/20/1995 14:22:59
   On Tue, 19 Dec 1995 11:22:57 -0500
    "Perry E. Metzger" <perry@piermont.com> wrote:

    > SHUTDOWNHOOK_ESTABLISH(9NetBSD Kernel Internals ManuaSHUTDOWNHOOK_ESTABLISH(9)
    >
    > Do people think this is enough of a problem to merit chopping it to
    > the much less descriptive "Kernel Manual" or "Internals Manual" from
    > "Kernel Internals Manual"? Or should we live with it? Or should we
    > pick shorter names for our man pages?

   Well, then you might consider a shorter name.  I'm not sure how we can
   really avoid the long manpage names if that's really the name of the
   function :-)

how about calling it shutdownhooks(9) and then documenting the
entire interface this way ?  of course, `man shutdownhook_establish'
would still work cuz of links.

i don't see why this can't work for everything.