Subject: Re: section 9 man pages
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/19/1995 11:22:57
"Kernel Internals Manual" seems to have won. However...

Jason Thorpe writes:
> I don't particularly _care_, as long as it's a) appropriate, and b) not
> too long (so that it, combined with a potentially long function name,
> like shutdownhook_establish, fits in 80 columns :-)

Unfortunately, this doesn't work. Right now, I get...

SHUTDOWNHOOK_ESTABLISH(9NetBSD Kernel Internals ManuaSHUTDOWNHOOK_ESTABLISH(9)

Do people think this is enough of a problem to merit chopping it to
the much less descriptive "Kernel Manual" or "Internals Manual" from
"Kernel Internals Manual"? Or should we live with it? Or should we
pick shorter names for our man pages?

Perry