Subject: Re: libpthreads
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ty Sarna <tsarna@endicor.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/18/1995 00:27:03
In article <199512172035.OAA00797@sierra.zyzzyva.com>,
Randy Terbush  <randy@zyzzyva.com> wrote:
> Would it be possible for one of those with access to sync up
> the libpthreads library to the latest release, and include
> this in the src/lib/Makefile for compile?  I would like to
> seriously look at using this for the Java port, and would like
> to know that there is some group support for libpthreads.

Has anyone looked at whoever-it-was's rfork() and lightweight locking
primitives support (for FreeBSD, I think, but I think he wrote a message
to one of teh NetBSD lists about it, indicating a willingness to port
it), and doing threads on top of that (may have already been done by
him). Kernel-based tread support seems like it would be much better than
the simulation NetBSD's libpthreads provides, clever though it may be.