Subject: ATAPI/CD-ROm & i386 port & core priority
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: George Michaelson <ggm@connect.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 12/16/1995 14:55:18
I don't believe in non-contributors like myself setting
the agenda for what core do or do not prioritize. Sure,
an atapi driver would increase the "off cd" bootstrap potential
and probably takeup of NetBSD in the wider community but
its not a popularity contest, or a beauty pageant. Core can do
what *they* decide is needed soonest.

I'm happy to wait for the work in progress to go through a normal
development cycle. I just re-wired my cd onto a second controller
and tried the FreeBSD atapi bootdisk and it didn't seem to probe
correctly *anyway* so lets not get too excited about what the
others are doing...

-George