Subject: Re: Routing question...
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <is@Beverly.Rhein.DE>
List: current-users
Date: 12/15/1995 11:42:24
Peter Seebach (seebs@solon.com) wrote:
: Is there a way to add a route for one host through another that doesn't
: require that the other be reachable?  We'd like to have one of our users
: have a 2nd static IP number, which is routed through the one they already
: have.  I don't see a good hook to use for doing routing things like that
: from pppd (it's not a default route, after all), so...

Thats what the ip-up and ip-down scripts are for.

At several places in rhein.de, we use a version which searches an
optional file and sets additional routes/starts
"sendmail -qRsomehostname"s based on the callers IP number.

Regards,
	Ignatios Souvatzis