Subject: Archive viper config.
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG, current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David Gilbert <dgilbert@pci.on.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 12/15/1995 14:00:52
	OK.  I'm positive that the Archive Viper in question is at
SCSI ID 4 and is out of the way of the other IDs on the bus (0, 1, and
2) ... "st? at scsibus? target ? lun ?" (or something very close) is
in my config file.

	The tape is still not being recognised.  There are 9 jumpers
on the unit.  3 are the obvious id0 id1 and id2.  There are three more
labelled cf0 cf1 and cf2.  What are these for, and how should I set
them?  In the SGI 4D/35 that the unit came from, cf0 and cf2 were
jumpered and cf1 was not.

	What can I enable or do to diagnose this problem further?

Dave.

|Mail:      dgilbert@pci.on.ca                |  equal if and only if they |
|http://www.pci.on.ca/~dgilbert               |   are precisely opposite.  |