Subject: Re: Status of ATAPI driver developments
To: Jason Downs <downsj@teeny.org>
From: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@BALVENIE.PDL.CS.CMU.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 12/15/1995 11:37:00
> At this point, lots of other OS' are supporting ATAPI.  Linux has, for
> a very long time.  FreeBSD does, I guess.  Even Plan9 supports ATAPI.
> One would think it would be more of a priority with the central developers
> of NetBSD, since so very many PeeCees are now shipping with ATAPI CDROMs,
> and the lack of support *severely* limits those people's installation
> options.

I'm not sure that I agree that one would expect that the "central
developers" would consider ATAPI support important (depending
on your interpretation of "central developers").  I can understand how
'core' may not really care one way or another...  However, it does
seem odd that those "respsonsible" for maintaining the i386 support
don't seem to be doing much about it...

chris