Subject: umount question, RFE
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Computo Ergo Checksum <greywolf@defender.VAS.viewlogic.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/14/1995 13:44:28
I have a request for enhancement to umount (which should probably be
forwarded via send-pr...).

When one runs "mount -av", it looks at the fstab, which seems reasonable,
as one is attempting to mount filesystems which may be unmounted.

However, it does not seem so reasonable in the case of umount, as one
would probably not want to try to unmount a filesystem which is not
listed as already mounted.  Umount should look at the current mount
table when trying to unmount filesystems so that one can simply type
"umount -avt nfs" when wishing to umount filesystems left over from
a dead automounter, or when wishing to umount possibly duplicate
filesystems.

Do I make sense, or Am I Mis(well, you've seen it often enough :-)?

				--*greywolf;
--
BSD -> Solaris:		It could be worse.
UNIX -> NT:		It's worse.