Subject: Re: Motif and Java
To: Chris Toshok <toshok@cs.uidaho.edu>
From: Randy Terbush <randy@zyzzyva.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/10/1995 21:15:09
> > Subject: Motif and Java
> > From: Randy Terbush <randy@zyzzyva.com>
> >
> > The biggest obstacle to the effort seems to be getting Motif.
> > It seems that Xinside has decided not to provide Motif for NetBSD.
> > Does anyone in this group know of a source for Motif on NetBSD-i386?
> > Does anyone with Motif source have the license and interest to
> > provide an affordable Motif development kit?
> >
> > The one other alternative (LessTif) does not seem to be ready to
> > take on the challenge of Java.
> >

>   Well, we could always use some help :)  I'm really interested in getting the
> Java stuff working, but presently don't have time to figure out where it's
> failing.  Feel free to submit any bug reports to lesstif@hungry.com about
> problems you might have getting java to work with lesstif.
>
> Chris

Hopefully my comments were not viewed as an insult to the work
of Chris and others. My info comes from others that have tried the
same. I'm up for the job of the Java port...not sure I have enough
time for both. *sigh*

The way it looks, LessTif is the only hope for the NetBSD camp
in killing off this nasty Motif dependency.