Subject: recent change in script exec'ing?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jon Buller <jonb@metronet.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/09/1995 11:57:52
(This may not be current any more, please humor a post that's
only a day or two late... 8-)

Was there a recent change in the way scripts are exec'd (in the
last 2 months)?  The reason I ask is that I was using a script
to connect with my Internet provider, and it has clear-text
passwords in it.  To compensate for this, I made the script
mode 711 owned by root.  Everything worked fine, but I just
compiled a 1.1 kernel and now I get the message:

/usr/sbin/connect: Can't open /usr/sbin/connect

unless I run it a root.  I have SETUIDSCRIPTS in the config
file, and it used to work...  Any suggestions?

Jon Buller