Subject: QUESTION ABOUT SPARCS (OFF TOPIC, BUT THE KNOWLEDGE BASE IS HERE)
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Brian Buhrow <buhrow@cats.ucsc.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 12/07/1995 12:44:44
	First off, my apologies to all you non-Sparc folks.
I'm trying to debug a commertial program under SunOS 4.1.3_U1 and have
determined that I'd like to see the arguments to a particular system call
and, possibly, change them.  The binary I have is not stripped, but there
are no debugging symbols to allow me to see the arguments.  Assuming I can
find the place where the routine is called in the binary, how would I go
about looking for the arguments being passed to the routine?  I saw someone
on this list several weeks ago do almost precisely what I want with the
Netscape binary and getting it to pass in 0 to the mmap call, instead of
the address of the memory hole on Sun4c machines.
	Any help anyone can provide would be most appreciated.
-thanks
-Brian