Subject: Re: why do I have to stty sane....
To: Guenther Grau <s_grau@ira.uka.de>
From: Rob Windsor <windsor@punk.hedgehog.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/06/1995 00:48:08
Verily did Guenther Grau write:

>> I and other people have noticed that recent versions of current and
>> 1.1 seem to require that you do a stty sane or the moral equivalent in
>> order to get anything done. Any reason this happened?

> Just a rough guess. Maybe you guys experiencing this don't use the
> new vt220 entry for terminals. There is no such thing as a vt200 under
> NetBSD-1.1. This caused a problem for one person I know. Dunno if this
> is your problem as well. Comments?

It only happens to me wrt xterms.  It is highly annoying, but I've not
noticed it on NetBSD/sparc, just NetBSD/i386.

-- Rob
Internet: windsor@pobox.com      Life: Rob@Sunnyvale.California.USA.Earth
"Da Web": http://pobox.com/~windsor/

"Ain't much distance 'tween a pat on the back and a kick in the pants."
    -- David Lee Roth (1990), `The Dogtown Shuffle'