Subject: Re: why do I have to stty sane....
To: None <perry@piermont.com>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: current-users
Date: 12/05/1995 18:00:43
On Tue, 5 Dec 1995 13:46:26 -0500
 "Perry E. Metzger" <perry@piermont.com> wrote:

 > I and other people have noticed that recent versions of current and
 > 1.1 seem to require that you do a stty sane or the moral equivalent in
 > order to get anything done. Any reason this happened?

Because several tty_compat changes were committed right before the
release, and when the problems were pointed out to the individual who
committed the changes, the lack of action on his part to fix them was
stunning.  I even filed a high/critical PR, which was apparently
ignored.  A couple folks have proposed fixes, but none of them have been
committed to the tree, to my knowledge.

(Yes, the fact that they were even committed when they were in the first
place urks me a bit.)