Subject: Re: Mail and quotas
To: Kevin Sullivan <mellon@fugue.com>
From: Shyeah right. What am I gonna do with a gun rack? <jgraham@defender.VAS.viewlogic.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/28/1995 09:27:54
#define AUTHOR "ksulliva@kludge.psc.edu ("Kevin Sullivan")"

/*
 * It sounds like I cannot get the behavior I want without hacking
 * mail.local.  Do people think it would be better to:
 *
 * 1) Take the size of the mbox and the size of the new message.  Add and
 * compare to the quota.  If larger, return with an "out of quota"
 * message".  or...
 *
 * 2) setid to the user.  Append the message.  If a write fails, return
 * with the appropriate code.

Yes.

3)	Educate your users.

 * Are there any other approaches I am missing?
 *
 * 	-Kevin
 */

#undef AUTHOR	/* "ksulliva@kludge.psc.edu ("Kevin Sullivan")" */

				--*greywolf;
--
I'm really a software toolsmith and a musician by trade, but nobody really
needs a software toolsmith much, and the music industry is so cutthroat