Subject: Re: Mail and quotas
To: Kevin Sullivan <email@example.com>
From: Shyeah right. What am I gonna do with a gun rack? <jgraham@defender.VAS.viewlogic.com>
Date: 11/28/1995 09:27:54
#define AUTHOR "firstname.lastname@example.org ("Kevin Sullivan")"
* It sounds like I cannot get the behavior I want without hacking
* mail.local. Do people think it would be better to:
* 1) Take the size of the mbox and the size of the new message. Add and
* compare to the quota. If larger, return with an "out of quota"
* message". or...
* 2) setid to the user. Append the message. If a write fails, return
* with the appropriate code.
3) Educate your users.
* Are there any other approaches I am missing?
#undef AUTHOR /* "email@example.com ("Kevin Sullivan")" */
I'm really a software toolsmith and a musician by trade, but nobody really
needs a software toolsmith much, and the music industry is so cutthroat
that it would probably do me in. So I do systems administration on the
side as a hobby. Funny that my hobby finds more work than either of my