Subject: Re: Mail and quotas
To: Kevin Sullivan <>
From: Shyeah right. What am I gonna do with a gun rack? <>
List: current-users
Date: 11/28/1995 09:27:54
#define AUTHOR " ("Kevin Sullivan")"

 * It sounds like I cannot get the behavior I want without hacking
 * mail.local.  Do people think it would be better to:
 * 1) Take the size of the mbox and the size of the new message.  Add and
 * compare to the quota.  If larger, return with an "out of quota"
 * message".  or...
 * 2) setid to the user.  Append the message.  If a write fails, return
 * with the appropriate code.

3)	Educate your users.

 * Are there any other approaches I am missing?
 * 	-Kevin

#undef AUTHOR	/* " ("Kevin Sullivan")" */

I'm really a software toolsmith and a musician by trade, but nobody really
needs a software toolsmith much, and the music industry is so cutthroat
that it would probably do me in.  So I do systems administration on the
side as a hobby.  Funny that my hobby finds more work than either of my