Subject: Re: NetBSD conundrums
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/28/1995 11:36:56
>Date: Tue, 28 Nov 1995 08:53:18 -0500
>From: "Perry E. Metzger" <perry@piermont.com>
>
>"Eric S. Hvozda" writes:
>> On Sat, 25 Nov 95 12:17:07 CST  Bruce Albrecht wrote:
>> > If you picked up the NetBSD sources by grabbing the tarballs (as I
>> > did), you don't get a Makefile for the top source directory.
>>
>> Is there a particular reason why this Makefile isn't in the tar balls?
>> Surely it wouldn't be that hard to include...
>
>This occassionally bites me, too, when I set up totally fresh
>machines. It would also be neat if the tarballs could come with a
>synthetic /usr/sup directory to reflect the state the tree was in when
>the tarballs were made, but thats much harder...

A solution that may also work is to have the script that creates the
tarballs just copy src/Makefile into the same destination directory.
Then anyone who gets everything in the tar_files/src directory
(tarballs + Makefile) would have a complete distribution.
--
Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>           http://www.shore.net/~mikel
Norwood, MA 02062 USA                assert(*this!=opinionof(Analog));