Subject: Re: NetBSD V1.1
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com <michaelv@HeadCandy.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/24/1995 01:15:32
"Michael Graff" <explorer@flame.org> writes:

>>> Is ftp.netbsd.org the best place to get the distribution?

>>Yes and no. Yes, because it's the first place where you can get it. No,
>>because it might get very crowded there. So you might have to take a look
>>at the mirror sites too.

>I will attempt to get things on ftp.iastate.edu as soon as I can, but
>I have gotten no information about where to sup from, when I can begin
>supping, etc from anyone on the core team.

In the past, ftp.iastate.edu has traditionally been less than a
half-day behind the official drops.  "We"[*] tried to keep the sup
going via the private port to make this consistently possible.
Michael is still keeping things in good shape, I'm sure.

However, it appears everything didn't quite get back to normal after
the sup.netbsd.org move.  Hopefully, he can get the logistics worked
out with the sup maintainers in time to bring everything back up to
speed.  Then, I would recommend beating ftp.iastate.edu to your
heart's content. :-)

[*] We, by which I mean Michael and I.  Michael is maintaining all
this solo now.

     NetBSD working ports: 386+PC, Mac 68k, Amiga, HP300, Sun3, Sun4,
                           DEC PMAX (MIPS), DEC Alpha, PC532
     NetBSD ports in progress: VAX, Atari 68k, others...