Subject: Configuring ppp for NetBSD 1.0
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jeff Kreska <>
List: current-users
Date: 11/23/1995 22:38:57
I am having trouble getting ppp to work under NetBSD.  It works with no trouble at all
under windows NT.  Here's the setup:

ppp options

If I connect with kermit, suspend and then run pppd, the system looks like it is
configured properly. ie

ifconfig -a reports something like:
lo0 ....
ed0 not configured
ppp0 ... -->

netstat -nr reports something like:

default ...

If I ping anything on the 206.66.6 net I get an error about Network not reachable.
My ISP said my default gateway is, but this is not on the same network as
the machine I dial in to.

Also each dial in reports a diffrent IP (dynamic IP's)

Is it possible to use ppp with NetBSD for this type of Dial-up??

I have also tryed changing the options to be

And to no sucess the network is never configured correctly.

Any pointers would sure be appreciated

Jeff Kreska