Subject: NIS server
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John Nemeth <jnemeth@cue.bc.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 11/22/1995 14:35:35
     How stable is the NIS server in NetBSD 1.1?  I am one of the
system administrators for our local Free-Net, and its NIS server is
starting to cause us major grief (it is a know fact, discovered by
other Free-Net's that SunOS'es NIS server blows up when your databases
get much beyond 15,000 entries which we are rapidly approaching in our
passwd file), so I'm thinking of lifting the NetBSD one as a
replacement.  My long term goal is to blow SunOS 4.x off the machines
and put NetBSD/sparc on them, but I may have a bit of a battle with
the rest of the tech. team.  The head is calling for Solaris 2, and
most of the team will rubber stamp him.