Subject: Re: Misc things on pre1.1
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@dsg.stanford.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 11/21/1995 23:38:37
"Perry E. Metzger" <perry@piermont.com> writes:

>Hubert Feyrer writes:
>> - What's the status of the Log-File-System (lfs). Is it still broken
>>   (as it was with 1.0, the last release i've installed before ;-).
>
>I have never heard tell of a functioning lfs. If anyone knows of one...

Margot Seltzer has  a log-based filesystem that supposedly "just works".
I don't recall off-hand if it's been dropped into FreeBSD; given
Margot's group's leanings, the code is possibly written for BSDI.

(I think this may actually be "JFS"; I can find out, if anyone cares.)

There's also the NFSv3 for 4.4bsd, which Rick Macklem reworked into FreeBSD.
Having that would be, mm, nice.