Subject: lkm problems...
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Frank Dana <danaf@cs.rpi.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 11/21/1995 02:26:51
All,

   I _KNOW_ someone's going to come up with a simple RTFM-type answer to
this and make me feel like a moron again, but that's never stopped me from
asking questions before.  8)  Here goes...

I GOT THE AMIGA AUDIO STUFF TO COMPILE!!

(I'm probably happier about that than I should be. Simple minds and all.)

Anyway, I got the darn stuff to compile under 1.1A_951117, the lkm is built,
the modload is done, and the devices are in place, and everything works the
way it's supposed to.

The only problem I had, other than needing to hack the code a little, is
that I _could_not_ do the modload from within multi-user mode. Even su'd
to root on the console, I got an erro from modload that it "could not
allocate memory: Operation mnot permitted." after which it did an exit(9);

The only way I could get the module to load was to drop down to single
user mode. Dropping out of kernel security did the trick.

Is there an easier way? Some device I need to reconfigure or something?
The modload and lkm manpages weren't of any help.

							Thanks,
							  -Frank

P.S> Oh, I didn't send this to amiga@ because it definitely isn't a problem
     with the audio lkm. It happened with the sample code in /usr/share/lkm
     as well.

--
 ____ PRI | Frank R. Dana Jr.|Tau Epsilon Phi|email:danaf@cs.rpi.edu | _ _