Subject: Misc things on pre1.1
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Hubert Feyrer <Hubert.Feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>
List: current-users
Date: 11/20/1995 21:48:46
Hello,

this weekend i've installed a snapshot as of Nov 14th, and i've to say it
works *very* well. There are a couple of small things that i'd like to
see changed before The Release, though:

- What's the status of the Log-File-System (lfs). Is it still broken
  (as it was with 1.0, the last release i've installed before ;-).
- There are some Fortran-utilities (fpr, fsplit). What's does the
  NetBSD philosophy say about Fortran - will we ever get a f77 (or
  f2c, for what it matters), or will we out-source the Fortran stuff
  altogether?
- There seem to be some man-pages missing, namely for: gencat,
  genclass, install-sid, gspa, gspahoxtoc, nsquery, nstest, rd(4),
  videomode (amiga-specific) mailstats
- There's no catman... would be handy to have around at some times.

That's it, enought bitching. :)
Thanks for all the great work, folx!!!

Hubert

--
      Weekdays: Rennerstr. 19, D-93053 Regensburg, Tel. 0941/943-2455