Subject: Re: 1.1 386 Hardware
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 11/20/1995 07:50:37
> Politics time... this is not the attitude that is going to make
> NetBSD the OS of choice amongst the unwashed masses.

Do we want it to be?  I'm not sure I do.  Everything I've seen that's
tried to cater to hoi polloi has ended up being intolerable to me.  (Of
course, I can't be sure this hasn't been just coincidence.)

Mind you, that's not to say that I agree with the original point (that
point being something about cheap Intel-family hardware needing
software kludges - something which I would say belonged on port-i386,
not current-users).

					der Mouse

			    mouse@collatz.mcrcim.mcgill.edu