Subject: Re: no success building gcc-2.7.1
To: None <>
From: Mark W. Eichin <>
List: current-users
Date: 11/19/1995 00:01:41
> This version also appears to have support for WinNT. Does anyone
> know what it would take to cross compile for WinNT?

look in, or the web page at

quoting the readme:

	The gnu-win32 project is porting GNU programs to the Win32 API
	environment (Windows NT/Windows 95).

	The goal of this project, for Cygnus Support, is to have enough of a
	Unix environment that the GNU tools (say gcc) can be reconfigured and
	recompiled on a Win32 system. Other people will want to get programs
	outside this scope working under the Win32 API (e.g. Tcl/Tk or
	Perl)--we'd love to work with them to make this project as useful as

I believe that if you're interested in actually *using* it that
there's plenty to work with there. (I work on security, not compiler
tools, so I don't know for sure :-)

			_Mark_ <>
			The Herd of Kittens
			(also...) _Mark_ <>