Subject: Re: NetBSD 1.1 Release has been delayed until Friday Nov. 24th
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jon Buller <jonb@metronet.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/18/1995 16:28:17
Let me add my thanks to all involved as well.  Esp. the pc532
(sub-)team.

Without you guys, my pc532 would be an idle box that I regretted
wasting all sorts of time and money on.  Don't get me wrong, I
enjoyed soldering it together A LOT.  But it seemed a bit much to
spend just for a dead board...  Now, with NetBSD(tm), on the other
hand, I can get more email a day than I can read in a week, it
forwards packets from Netscape/Mac to my service provider just
fine, and it's a *great* box to hack on.

I guess I could have stuck with Minix (remember that guys?) but I
never liked the way it's pipes would sometimes let less data out
than I put in the other end...  I know you all take a lot of flak
for sun-lamp, release schedules, "I want feature X in the kernel",
[Here's my common one:] "Why doesn't my foo thingy work like it
should?  Oh it does, never-mind.", etc.  But, like I said earlier,
I'd have wasted about $2000 on a door stop without all your work,
many thanks, and keep it up.  Much, MUCH better to be a little
late, than not have it at all.  Esp. when it's as good as it is.

Jon Buller