Subject: Re: How do you get /dev/audio to play stereo?
To: Alec H. Peterson <chuckie@panix.com>
From: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/17/1995 20:54:53
On Fri, 17 Nov 1995, Alec H. Peterson wrote:
> You might want to try using /dev/sound instead of /dev/audio.  As far
> as I know, /dev/audio just makes the audio device behave like a Sun,
> and most suns that I know of have mono output...

OK, I tried that, but nothing changed... according to a comment in the
source, the difference between /dev/audio and /dev/sound is that audio
gets set to 8KHz 8-bit mulaw mono each time it's opened, while sound is
left in whatever mode it used to be in. I'm doing an AUDIO_SETINFO,
explicitly setting the device to 22KHz 8-bit linear stereo, so I don't
think it matters which I use...
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 19 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++