Subject: LINUX VERSUS NETBSD IN A MULTI-USER ENVIRONMENT
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG, current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Brian Buhrow <buhrow@cats.ucsc.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 11/15/1995 18:30:20
	Hello NetBSDer's.  I realize that this is a tired topic, but I really
need some hard numbers comparing Linux and NetBSD in a multi-user time
sharing environment with nfs mounted home directories.  For example,
performance was generally OK on Linux machines until 7 users logged in.
Performance on NetBSD wasn't steller, but the decay as the load got higher
was fairly flat, causing the NetBSD machine to handle heavey loads more
gracefully.  Also, are there people running NetBSD machines in this sort of
environment?  How many users can a NetBSD machine with 128MB (I386) Penteom
100 handle realistically?  What about Linux?
	Any bench marks that people have run, etc. experiences of woe, success,
 things to look out for, etc. would be very helpful.

-thanks
-Brian