Subject: Re: Off topic... help wanted anyway (scsi formatting)
To: Daniel Carosone <dan@anarres.mame.mu.oz.au>
From: Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com <michaelv@HeadCandy.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/15/1995 06:58:21
>> This is really off topic, but a better bunch of hackers I could
>> not expect to find anywhere. I badly need a good, extensice SCSI
>> formatter to give some year old 9Gb drives a good kicking. They
>> are giving me bad blocks after a format, and I suspect I wiped the
>> grown defect list.
>> Anything anyone ? Some thing better than SunOS format would be a
>> good start.

>If you have a PC with DOS and an adaptec card, adaptec put a format
>utility on their ftp site which you could use.

BusLogic cards also have this (at least my BT747s does).  The only
difference is that you have to get into DOS debug and call the ROM
entry point.  It's in the manual.  (A DOS boot floppy with a copy of
debug.exe is all that should be required.)

     NetBSD working ports: 386+PC, Mac 68k, Amiga, HP300, Sun3, Sun4,
                           DEC PMAX (MIPS), DEC Alpha, PC532
     NetBSD ports in progress: VAX, Atari 68k, others...