Subject: Kernel compile of 1.1-????
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Tobias Weingartner <weingart@austin.BrandonU.CA>
List: current-users
Date: 11/12/1995 14:21:09
Hi all.

Ok, I got sup working, and have pulled down the 1.1-whatever.  I have
compiled a new 'config', and have configured a kernel for my i486 box.

Since I would only like to try a diskless boot of the 1.1-?? kernel, I
tried to build an alpha kernel.  However, after doing a 'make depend',
I looked at the '.depend' file, and found that there are two places,
where my kernel depends on system include files, ie: they are got from
/usr/include.  The option DDB seems to want /usr/include/stab.h,
/usr/include/setjmp.h, and /usr/include/nlist.h.  I really do not want
to install a whole new set of include files, since so much has changed
since 1.0, that I am afraid that I will blow something out of the water.

Would a '-nostdinc', -I../../../../../include/ be an appropriate thing
to do for kernel compiles?  Of course, that dictates that you have the
include files present, or a link to /usr/include... ;-|

Just a 'wanted to let you know' note.

--Toby.
| Tobias Weingartner | Email: weingart@BrandonU.Ca | Need a Unix sys-admin?  |
| Box 27, Beulah, MB |-----------------------------| Send E-Mail for resume, |
| R0M 0B0, Canada    | Unix Guru, Admin, Sys-Prgmr | and other details...    |
|      %SYSTEM-F-ANARCHISM, The operating system has been overthrown         |