Subject: Re: MAXBSIZE should be MAXPHYS; a yes vote!
To: None <cracauer@wavehh.hanse.de, rhealey@MR.NET>
From: Missing - presumed fed. <greywolf@defender.VAS.viewlogic.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/10/1995 10:00:27
If this is disk transfers we're talking here, I thought MAXPHYS maxed out at
63K (126 blocks) per transfer.

If not, wolf is blowing smoke again and you can go about your business :-)

#define AUTHOR "cracauer@wavehh.hanse.de (Martin Cracauer)"

/*
 * I found 32K to be sufficient for maximum performance on my
 * system. Whatever the reason to set it 16K was, maybe saving memory, it
 * should be reconsidered before setting this value to something
 * oversized.
 *
 * 64KB, whihc is MAXPHYS on i386, BTW, break the current i386 port
 * (tested with sup 19951106).
 *
 * Here are some numbers, this is sup19950927:
 *
 * Setting MAXBSIZE to more that 16 K and up to 57K works and gives
 * the following bonnie results. The machine is P90, triton, NCR 810,
 * older barracouda 2 GB.

[ figures deleted ]

 * Martin
 */

#undef AUTHOR	/* "cracauer@wavehh.hanse.de (Martin Cracauer)" */

				--*greywolf;
--
Are you being infected by a UNIX virus?  If you're receiving OS shipments
from your vendor, you may be subjecting your computer to the worst virus