Subject: anyone succesfully compiled xpaint-2.1.1?
To: None <amiga-x@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Thorsten Frueauf <s_frueau@ira.uka.de>
List: current-users
Date: 11/09/1995 11:26:43
Hello!

Has anyone succesfully compiled xpaint-2.1.1 so that it works ok?

My config is A3000 with 16MB fast, PicassoII running current 1.1ALPHA
from 07.11.95, using Xcl as X11 Server (version from september dist.).

I compiled xpaint-2.1.1 out of the box, just commented out
the "int   srandom(unsigned int);" define in sprayOp.c and linked it
with xpm 3.4g library.

It compiles with severall warnings (most of them I got too when
compiling under SunOS 4.1.3U! and Solaris 2.4) but finnally there is
the xpaint binary, which starts up fine.

But if you chose "File" -> "New Canvas" or "New With Size" it
exists with segmentation fault.

gdb -c xpaint.core says:
core was generated by `xpaint'.
#0  0x344de in ?? ()

and I looked up signal 11 with `man errno`:

     11 EDEADLK Resource deadlock avoided. An attempt was made to lock a sys-
             tem resource that would have resulted in a deadlock situation.

So is anyone out there who manages to patch the source so it works with
NetBSD current and X11R6 on amiga?

Thanx for any help
     Thorsten

--