Subject: Re: 1.1 386 Hardware
To: Michael L. VanLoon -- <>
From: Mark Garrett <>
List: current-users
Date: 11/08/1995 09:02:09
> >Will the
> >problem affect PCI DMA Bus Mastering products?
> PCI is a 32-bit (addressing) bus.

	I thought PCI was 64bit as well ?
> >It seems absolutely TERRIBLE that bounce buffer support
> >won't make it into 1.1.  It really needs to be there.
> It has never been a priority for the NetBSD crowd because most serious
> NetBSDers bought hardware good enough that a software hack wasn't
> necessary.  If you buy good hardware, you don't need the hack.
> That said, it would be really nice if this would finally get fixed.
> Not everyone can afford to buy hardware to suit their software.

	I think thats fair enough, If you can afford to buy more than
16Meg of memory then you probably can afford to buy the right controllers.
I only have 12M so my aha1542-CF has never been a problem.

		Mark :)

Mark Garrett email:    Phone: +61 2 561 5255
 Open Systems Consultant                          Disclaimer: I don't speak for
 Digital Equipment Corporation              Digital, I can barely speak for me.