Subject: Re: FS clean bit, is it reliable?
To: Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com <michaelv@HeadCandy.com>
From: Daniel Carosone <dan@anarres.mame.mu.oz.au>
List: current-users
Date: 11/06/1995 11:18:05
I'm a little concerned about another aspect of fsck(8).

I don't think I've ever seen it place files in lost+found (though II
could of course have missed or fogotten a case or two). I *know* that
I have seen it many times find "unreferenced files" with non-zero
size, and it's cleared them instead of reconnected them.

I'd really rather prefer they were reconnected, rather than deleted.

Anyone know why this is happening? If our fsck ever does reconnect
files, what conditions and ccircumstances are necessary for it to do
so?

--
Dan.